The Festival, which is running at selected Wetherspoon pubs, is featuring up to 50 ales and continues until 25 April 2010.
Some of the ales were new and brewed exclusively for the festival, [FB] below, whilst a few were by international brewers but specially brewed in the UK [IB], to complement the imported beers [I].
A few others were resurrection ales brewed for the festival [RA] – in other words beers that have not been produced for some time.
Full details are given in the festival programme [3MB PDF]
Here’s the drinks I sampled, along with marks out of ten:
- Goose Island Honker’s Ale [IB] – 9/10
- Green King Suffolk Springer [FB] – 11/10
- Herold Black Chalice [I] – 10/10
- Holden’s Burton Runner – 9/10
- Hook Norton Early Mist – 9/10
- Jennings Stickle Pike – 10/10
- Shepherd Neame Fremlins Bitter [RA] – 8/10
- Thwaites Summat Special – 9/10
- Val-Dieu Abbaye Blonde [IB] – 11/10
Pictured are fellow drinkers Nick Carroll and Chris Collier.