The Festival, which ran 24 October to 11 November 2012, featured 50 real ales and 10 ciders.
I went to the Wetherspoon Autumn 2012 Real Ale and Cider Festival
I’ve detailed the drinks I sampled at various different JDW pubs during the festival, with marks out of ten.
The festival included ales by international brewers but specially brewed in the UK for the event, shown by [international special], and occasionally brewed beers [occasional].
Here’s the beers I sampled during the festival, along with marks out of ten and a brief comment:
- Banks Brewery Howling Wolf – 7/10 woody
- Cambridge Brewing Company Haether Ale [United States] [international special] – 8.25/10 light and pleasant
- Cotleigh Brewery Kookaburra [occasional] – 7.75/10 leaves falling
- Everards Brewery Terra Firma [occasional] – 8.25/10 vigarous
- Feral Brewing Company Australian IPA [Australia] [international special] – 8.5/10 refreshing
- Svyturys Brewery Baltijos Red Ale [Lithuania] [international special] – 8.1/10 nutty
- Brouwerij’t IJ Ijbok [Holland] [international special] – 8/10 refreshing and light
- Freeminer Brewery Deep Shaft – 8/10 dark and tasty
Full details are given in the festival tasting notes [2.9MB PDF].