WordCamp UK 2010 took place in Manchester on the weekend of 17-18 July.
As the co-ordinator of WordCamp UK I’d like to thank all contributors – including:
- Everyone who led sessions
- Chi-chi for all the hard work on venue organisation
- Manchester Metropolitan University Business School for the venue
- All our sponsors and microsponsors
- Mike Little for dealing with all the financial issues
- Jonathan Harris for the graphics
- Orange Coconut for recording sessions
- Richard Tape for finalising arrangements at Factory for the Saturday social
- The WordCamp UK Core Group
- And last (but not least!) for everyone who attended
Those present will be aware of the nature of the discussion towards the end of the final Sunday session about the naming of the 2011 event.
Since the weekend, the feedback from participants is that we build on the experience and enthusiasm gained over three years, and start planning for the follow-up to WordCamp UK 2010, and come back to the question of the name of the event later.
After that it is intended to invite bids against the final form of the requirements.
Because a number of administrative processes have been put in place over the past year, we will have longer timescales on everything that follows from setting the venue – such as arranging sponsors, allowing attendees to get cheaper advance travel tickets and an extended ticket sales window.